Monday, June 22, 2009

New York-- Here I Come!

Hey- Elizabeth Kidd here. I am less than one week from my New York trip where I will be studying creative writing at Columbia University. My mom and I will be flying out of Salt Lake City on Friday morning, and I will be checking into Columbia on Sunday afternoon. I am super excited for my upcoming adventure.

For those of you who do not know, I was accepted in Columbia University's summer program last March. I applied for the the creative writing program where I was required to write an essay, get two letters of recommendation, and submit a writing sample. My short story was entitled "Jumping Potholes." It told the story of Declo High School's first trip to a state championship football game.

I would like to thank everyone for all the support I have felt since my acceptance. I definately would not be the person I am today without all my fantastic friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment