Thursday, July 9, 2009

Harry Potter World Premiere!



Yeah- you are reading that right! I was one of the screaming teenage girls outside the Harry Potter World Premiere. It was really cool to be a part of something that has defined our generation, but the bad thing was we were so far away we couldn't see anything! People were lining up all night, but we couldn't because we had class all day! I had a great view of a bunch of people's heads.


So, we couldn't see much, but if you look closely at the box I drew you can see Rupert Grint, Ron Weasley. It was much easier to see him in real life, but I could not get my camera out fast enough when he was in a good spot. We also saw Hermione Granger, Harry Potter,Draco Malfoy, Dumbledore, Snape, Cho Chang, Ginny Weasley, and J.K. Rowling herself. Lance Bass of N'Sync was also there. We don't know why.



We did try to get a better spot. We thought about sneaking in with the press, but if we got arrested we would miss curfew and be expelled. We decided that wasn't the best idea.

This is the bank we snuck into to get a better view. We got kicked out before anyone got there.



This is how great our view would have been if we hadn't got kicked out! We even offered to sweep the floors if we could stay inside!

Even though we didn't get great views, it was great to be there! Harry Potter has been a pretty big part of my life. I cried when I read the last book because there were no more Harry Potter books coming out! I cannot wait to see the movie next week; I am going to the midnight showing. Columbia has reserved entire theatres for us. I am having a super great time and learning a lot. Thanks for keeping up with me; only one week to go! It is definately a bitter sweet moment. I am feeling a little sad about missing Declo Days. Have a great time everyone as Declo turns 100!

1 comment:

  1. We love you and miss you and want you to keep enjoying every minute of your great adventure!

    ReplyDelete