Monday, July 13, 2009

Random Adventures in New York City!

It has been awhile since my last post so I am just posting all the pictures I have taken with my friends and I over the past few days.

These three pictures were taken at the Metropolitian Museum of Art. The first one is of me and a random statue. The second is of me in front of real Egyptian temple that was given to the United States by the Egyptians after we helped them rescue another temple. It was really beautiful. The third is a naked statue. I don't understand why most art is naked.

Me, Zeynep from Turkey, Lauren, and Alex from Long Island riding the bus home from the met.

Zeynep, Lauren, and I waiting in the subway station
Alex and I waiting in the subway station.

I have learned that all of New York is a filiming location-- this is the street that Wizards of Waverly Place on Disney Channel is based on.


There are real live Abercrombie and Fitch models working in the Abercrombie of 5th Avenue. Lauren and I took a break to get a photo with him before we went into the store. We found models on all three levels and did not once look at the clothing!

We were looking at this menu and the first thing on it was Idaho Potatoes!!! I snapped a picture and felt a little homesick for those world famous potatoes!
I cannot believe I only have a week left. It has been such a great experience, and I have learned a ton! Thanks again for all your support. Declo rocks!


1 comment: